Happy Fashion Week, my darlings! If you are anything like me you live for the annual Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. Although Fashion Week occurs globally in Milan, Paris, London, and (of course!) New York, I am most interested with the runways in the Big Apple. First of all, New York Fashion Week hosts more American designers who I am more familiar with; such as, Tory Burch, BCBGMaxazria and Mara Hoffman, among others. In addition, knowing that some three hours away these models are showcasing beautiful, hand-crafted designs excites me more than a show across the Atlantic.
Still as a high school student (only four more months!), I have to juggle sitting in class and catching a glimpse of my favorite designer’s shows. But that will not stop me! Below is my top ten watch list for MBFW in New York.
1. Tory Burch (February 17/9am)
2. Mara Hoffman (February 14/2:30pm)
3. Rebecca Minkoff (February 13/3pm)
4. Michael Kors (February 18/10am)
5. Carolina Herrera (February 16/10am)
6. BCBGMaxazria (February 12/10am)
7. Carmen Marc Volvo (February 15/2pm)
8. Monique Lhuillier (February 13/7pm)
9. J. Crew (February 17/9:30am)
10. Badgely Mischka (February 17/10am)
In order to celebrate MBFW from DC, my mother an I are attending a DC Fashion Week show next week. Although it will not compare to a couture show in NYC, I am excited for the experience and exposure. In addition, I have been sketching collections for my very own fashion week collection in my art class. Now, I only need to make them come to life. Curl up with your favorite blanket and your laptop and prepare to live stream all the catwalks, cat fights, and everything in between this week!
Cheers to New York kicking off the MBFW season! Next stop: London.